Welcome to Junior rowing on the Bay
Practice remains at the same time – Monday to Friday, 4pm to 6.15pm. We are only sculling in singles at the moment and in small groups of maximum 10 rowers at a time. We are still meeting at the big boathouse but are rowing out of the Adorni. Everyone must wear a mask and sign our COVID-19 policy (available on the Policies page). No rowing experience is needed. We have beginner trainer boats as well as racing boats. You must be able to swim or tread water for 15 minutes.
What is a “junior” rower?
HBRA’s Junior Rowing team meets throughout the year, and competes in numerous regattas against other young rowers.
- Anyone 12-18 can come join our team
- Junior rowers can join the team throughout the year
- No tryouts
- No experience necessary
- No prior athletic ability necessary
- Those who want to compete will have the opportunity
- Those who do not want to compete can join recreationally
- You do not need to come to every practice. Minimum of 3 days if you want to compete.
- Ages 14 -18 can compete if they want the extra challenge
Monday – Friday, 4 – 6.15 pm
Fall (September – December) and Spring Season (January – May) – $450/season
Summer Season (June – August) – 2 week sessions are $50
Payment plans are available
How to join
Contact our Junior Coach Aubert Marcu to register your interest in joining our team.